Will vs. The Waiting Game Hobby Link Edition: Day 4

Day 4 has already began. Actually it's Sunday and I've been tracking my order through the Japanese post website. I had a few insights here and there on what I should expect and am now expecting my package to arrive at Tuesday at the earliest. I should get a drink.



I've asked around about customs and taxes on this thing. Apparently it is 10% customs tax + 12% VAT, bringing it to a total of holy crap that's expensive. But not to worry. Apparently it could get into 50 Pesetas per item since I'm not retailing it. I'm just into the fun of assembling them man.

I think only paying that fee of 50 per item would be the pretty much likely scenario as I've asked someone who ordered from HLJ before and a model scale shop owner. I guess I'll know when the time comes. I hopes it's not the 22% tax and I have to go to the post office for it. Because that is not fun. Not fun at all.

Other news is that it left Japan yesterday supposedly according to the post office website there. Happened in the morning so it should arrive in the islands today or maybe tomorrow. Then go through customs in which it can go randomly between punching me in the wallet to acceptable fee. I hope they don't throw my package around like a volley ball.

That's pretty much it about how my adventure in international consumerism goes. Maybe the next post would be about it arriving at the door. Hopefully.

Comments

Popular Posts