Will vs. Loz Diamond Blocks Mario Gift Series

If you're looking for a gift for someone who loves bricks and popular figures but don't have that much money, you'll lvoe the Gift Series from Loz Diamond Blocks. I saw one back in the Philippines Toy Con 2013 and have told myself to buy one next time I see it.



There are many other models to choose from. They've got Steve Jobs, Yoda, Yoshi, Darth Vader, a panda, a minion from Despicable Me, Captain America, etc. But for now let's settle for Mario.
So here's the instruction manual and the pieces. It comes in two bags and are veeeery tiny. I've resorted to pouring them into the box and get some craft tweezers to pick them out while I assemble them. It's a very fun game of where the hell is that piece? I like the part that if you miss one tiny detail in one layer, you have to backtrack all the way there and see what's missing.

There is only one error in the manual and it's near the end. It is where it illustrates a long yellow brick but it's actually the long brown brick that you need to finish Mario's hair line in the back. All in all it takes for someone like me around thirty minutes to complete. It was a fun thirty minutes too. There are also a lot of leftover pieces that I don't know what to do with. I guess I could fill in the hollow parts of the head. Yes, the model's head is hollow and all the bricks that are in the construction are mostly cosmetic. So I guess I'll fill it in later.

The model stands at 8 cm tall and will look like an Italian plumber. The visor on the hat's left and right edges can come loose because it is only held by its two nubs. If you're gonna have it permanently that way then super glue or plastic cement is the way to go. The pieces are small enough not to know the agony of stepping on one. Prying bricks apart in the same way you put square bricks directly on top of each other is as always, a pain. What did you expect. I had to use a craft knife to pry them apart carefully. Definitely not for toddlers or anyone under the age of if you can't afford this with your allowance in a day then you can't have it. If you have one of those kids, assemble then glue together immediately. No way around it. I bought mine around 120 pesetas (2.90 bucks) in Divisoria. This is what they consider the larger of the set and "smaller" kits are priced around 100 (2.50).

Comments

Popular Posts