Will vs. SD Rikuson Zeta: Labor Day Edition




So turns out it was Labor Day. Nobody thought to remind me. So a quick kit to do and I still have that SD Rikuson Zeta that I bought last Saturday in the Gundam contest. So let's get down on it.





At the Gundam Caravan at Robinson's Place Saturday I entered the contest and got a my hand on the AG Genoace for free. Sorry to say I didn't win this time around. But free toy is a free toy. Along that I browsed the kit selections and saw that the SD section has them for only 225 pesetas (5.23 bucks). That's only a few pesos more on retail in Japan. But I'm on a budget and could only buy one. Dammit.


So the kit comes in two bags, 4 molds, a sticker, and a comic with the instruction on the other side. This is only the second time I made an SD kit but I'm pretty much impressed how ornate they are. Just look at my Toyotomi Hideyoshi recolor back into Sennari Dai Shogun. The helm alone has lots of details and frankly if you're tired of just panels then go build some SD Gundams.

Back to the kit, I'm pretty much impressed at the articulation of this little figure. I thought every SD figure would be stubby like my last one.
Before putting on the rest of the kit you could pose them for dynamic poses already. And that dragon imprint on his head? I can't wait to put details in that. I might even just put it on gold.
Here he is just completed. I won't put the stickers on just yet. I guess I'll go buy some better paint as I could only go far with the basic acrylic set I've been painting with lately. Time to go up another level.

The model has three modes. One with all the armor as seen above, one with the the other kibble forming a bird with the spear, and another one in mobile armor mode which I haven't took a picture of. Maybe when the thing is painted because that bird head? Has blue eyes and the sticker didn't include that.

This kit is advised for children seven and up I guess to appreciate them. Contains small parts that you have to fish out of a child's poop if ingested. You wouldn't want that.

So here is Rikuson Zeta again with two more pictures made with my hobo light box.

This model will be on box storage for a while to wait for my new paints to come. Seriously basic acrylic is not enough as I've seen in my tank paint job.

Comments

Popular Posts