Will vs. Capsule Prizes



At the Best of Anime 2013 I had a bit of a shopping spree. A shopping spree of three hundred pesetas. Anong mabibili ng tatlong daan mo? This is my first dip into Capsule Toys.

I didn't actually get this from the capsule machines per se. More like toy bins. So there might be problems in some but this six is the best set I saw balancing my money and quality. Some items may have a defect like Ami Mizuno:

As you can see the peg is not really going in correctly. Further investigation shows that the hole it supposed to go on is just a small dent. To remedy that I could either drill a new hole or chop down the peg.
I just chopped down the peg with an exacto knife. Now she has a working set of non movable arms. If this was a living thing, it would not see the point.
SUCCESS
I sometimes wonder what was Tomo doing because it came all sticky. WHY IS IT STICKY? WHHHY? So time for a quick bath.

Since I'm gonna do a bit of detailing to a Gouf Ignited bust I might as well chuck it in too.

Rubadub-dub and a squeeky clean Gouf is ready to go for panel lining.

For panel lining, some people get a 0.05 technical pen or a Gundam marker. I make do what I can and I do have a technical pen. But it is at 0.1 which is a size too big for the smallest cranny. The solution is to use one of my drawing dip pens.

This one has a bendable tip so it could go at different thickness making the lining look like it came from a cartoon, perfect if you're into that look.

The other toys are fine as is. It's just this three that needed some touch-ups. I was thinking of doing some finishing on the Gouf but naaah. I like the rubbery look. And also one thing. Model cement will not work with these guys so if you want to glue them permanently together, you have to use super glue.

So let's go to our photo studio for their beauty shots.

First up is Lord Genome:


This is the first thing that caught my eye actually. So here's the little dude ripped and ripe to take on a child barely in his teens to a slugfest and get utterly owned by a small piece of accessory. Now that you think about it, he doesn't sound so tough.

Tomo:
She's supposed to be vertical but I thought it was funny if she was vertical. Kinda leaping some unseen hurdle. Probably the school gate. WHY IS THIS STICKY?

Koyuki:
I really like the Sergeant Frog series. I plan to build one of their models someday. But for now have Some Koyuki. Looks like the stand doesn't come with my purchase. Oh well. It certainly is a good capsule toy to have.

Nodoka Miyazaki:
I'm not actually a fan of the Negima series but this figure looks good compared to others in the bin with her little book there. I like the book. Boookboookbooobkbokobbobboook.

Ami Mizuno:
This one I think I'll put more work into. I just need to buy that super glue. I can't right now because I need food until next week.

Gouf Ignited:
Oh look, it's that Gouf that got slashed in half because he turned his back on the enemy. Wait no. Actually he put himself in the path without looking both ways. Kids, always look both ways when crossing the road. What an idiot. He's so Zaku.

Gashapon toys or capsule toys are pretty sweet. But it can cost you if you don't live in the right country (i.e. Japan) It was a fun evening to fix some of these toys and hopefully at the next convention I will have enough money to make significant hauls. That's it for now. Tune in next time as I explore the wonders of the crane games (no I won't).

Comments

Popular Posts