Will vs. The Waiting Game Hobby Link Edition: Conclusion

I got my package yesterday actually. Join me in the perils of going through customs and having absolutely no idea on what to do.



Back in Thursday I actually received the notice that they are holding my package in customs. I could go get it right away and be done with the wait but there's a problem. I don't have the foggiest idea where I should go.

Let's backtrack some more for a little story on what happened between yesterday and the last post. Tracking said that my package arrived here in Monday. It was then held in customs in Tuesday. So it took two days to process.

So then by Thursday I'm sent the notice and like a little idiot that I am, I sprinted into action to the post office to be told that my notice came from the next city. I should really learn to read before I jump. Anyways I planned my trip that afternoon. The notice card says they are open from Mondays to Saturdays with Saturday being a half-day. DON'T BELIEVE IT! IT IS A LIE DESIGNED TO CRUSH THE HUMAN SOUL! Originally I planned to go on Saturday but with my eagerness kicking in, I decided to crush work earlier and resume later tomorrow. Good decision impulsiveness!

In between the waiting, I've researched how much it would take to get my package. So basically I've gathered that:

  • Items below $50 are duty free and needs only postage.
  • Items below $50 are sent straight to the recipient.  
  • Customs for toys are 10%.
  • Vat is also levied at 12%
  • There's some documentations that goes below 600 pesetas.

Guess which one is a lie.

It's the first two.

Everything goes through customs and taxed. Even SAL deliveries. Specially SAL deliveries and it will cost more.

So how much did I spend? Almost 1200 pesetas. The documentation is actually almost the same price as the taxes. I should have shipped more because documentation and postage are a fixed cost. Next time if you have friends who like imported goods, have them over and order stuff together. VAT is calculated with the cost of the package AND shipping PLUS some insurance they toss in there out of nowhere.

But I did get my package within 4 hours of waiting. I guess. The place was old and leaky, and it stores all our packages. One thing only goes through my head. "So, if those other packages aren't claimed, can I have them if I pay the customs and stuff?" Seriously, lots of stuff in there.

And here's my package all safe at my base:


Welcome home Blade Liger and Jigabachi. You don't have to stay at that damp place ever again.

Also if you're thinking SAL will get through below the radar from customs, they will not. It will also cost you more with a fee for using Postal checks. The Postal Service and Customs are two different entities and they pay the customs the taxes on your behalf and they will charge you extra for it.

Will I order again? Maybe in larger numbers. This is actually not worth the documentation. Consider only for large shipments. Else buy from local sellers. I'll put up a page soon for a directory of retailers in the country. Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts